Morning of November 6, 2022

winter what happens next silly

~Keith Evetts


 

winter until it’s not


~Roberta Beach Jacobson



Tick Box

For shamed face scar from birth clear marked,

a haematoma, red wine stain

I used to scrub, the nailbrush thick,

so cross that patch became a tick;

four digit tines at back, on call,

to carve a swathe through downy hair -

with surreptitious, hangdog look,

attention claim when seek escape.


~Stephen Kingsnorth



she wants pink

and cries when he has none

balloon seller 


~Joseph P. Wechselberger



Fire-Ants 

Fire-ants are the worst 

always first to be cursed: 

 

they jitter and jive, 

champing and chopping they drive 

everyone mad as they arrive, 

 

fire-ants are the worst, 

I honestly wish they’d burst 

in borax they should be immersed… 

 

fire-ants are the worst 

always first to be cursed…

~Avalanche



hold on tight to your children guns

~Kerry J Heckman



other sweeps same sky


~Mircea Moldovan



all-day

from across the street

grating

scraping

grinding

and scratching

of metal:

house construction

~Rupa Anand



To-Do List:

1. put the toothpaste back in the tube

2. put the genie back in the bottle

3. unring the bell

4. unscramble the egg

5. close the barn door before the horses leave

6. take back all the things I said in anger

~petro c.k.



Helplessness

Don't let my last breath

         slip away from my lungs

Don't let the crimson love

        fade away from my heart,

don't let my mindless mind

        disappear from my soul.

~Ruchi Acharya



autumn breeze

whispering at half-voice

the gold of maples

~Françoise Maurice



I hear voices echoing silence

Twisting words

Into what I want to hear

 

~Anthony Ward



                               Monday

             the computer informs

me

      I'm           

 

                    disconnected

~Keith Evetts

No comments:

Post a Comment