Afternoon of November 28, 2022




Popcorn

I told her what a relief it was

that I finally extracted that shard of popcorn

that was stuck between my gum and tooth

for three days

 

and she asked me,

what’s someone your age doing

eating popcorn?

I’d hate to see her reaction

if I still drank beer and smoked cigars.

~John Tustin



stuffed with blood

the flea takes a catnap

~Mona Iordan



the old attic

bunnies of dust going at me

from every corner

~Mona Iordan



circling the drain   red fish, blue fish, silverfish
 

~Reid Hepworth 





my fault your fault St Andreas tremor

~Wanda Amos



taproot of the low-lying spurge

~Roberta Beach Jacobson


 

clouds my isolation

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



the world as usual cemetery silence

~Arvinder Kaur




I didn’t order the cat in the box,

But it is too late to send her back.

~Beth Gulley



Cognitive Decline

I try to keep up with the news,

read poetry

and write poems almost every night;

plus, I’ve tried to get back into novels

and I do crossword puzzles, find-a-words,

play solitaire, attempt to memorize land markers,

brush up on obscure history

but I don’t think it’s working –

my brain still atrophies.

~John Tustin



a kiss of hymn

prayers we regurgitate

from tales by moonlight

casting magic spells

on charms

~Christina Chin / Uchechukwu Onyedikam



she wants to be a galaxy when she grows up
 

~ Patrick Sweeney 

 

 

covered with leaves expert in a dying field
 

~petro c.k.

 

 

meeting the Wallenda who wouldn't risk it

~Patrick Sweeney












drunk farmers

in the pub's door

scarecrow

~Mircea Moldovan


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment