Evening of March 11, 2023


The Word Thieves


They came to our village

and carried off our words

in steel boxes wrapped in chains.

We were given new words,

but we cannot use them.

They taste like dirt in our mouths,

and do not mean what we need to say.

~Joseph Farley



Easter

in my neighbor's yard

surrounded by plastic eggs

rabbit ears

from an old TV

~John J. Dunphy



summer storm

he calls me

by another name

~Mona Bedi



It took me all day


to do nothing.

I could have

stayed in bed

to accomplish

just as much.

~Nolcha Fox



skirmish

gray squirrels battle in the dawn

balanced on a telephone wire


the definition of victory and loss

seems a tough nut to crack

~Joseph Farley



the when how and what of my thoughts

~Mona Bedi



the unseen cage I live in dandelion fluff

~Mona Bedi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment