Morning of September 12, 2022

death and pestilence

served with a side order


of bittersweet chocolate


~Lafcadio



Gallows Café

Take your biscotti--

it’s time to go:

I hear the hammers

banging.


Hurry it up

and finish your cup:

I’d hate to be late

for the hanging.

~Frank William Finney



Constellations 

of bluebottles 

infuriate the future

~Christian Ward



pruning my fear into a lion-shaped topiary

~Lafcadio



waxing moon

crushed tall boys dot

the playscape

~Melanie Alberts



my reflection

 
in a cup of tea


offers me a cup

~Lafcadio



frost on the window --

pulling strands of silver hair

out of the plughole

~Keith Evetts



bike path--

everybody watching out

for the rapist

~Ruth Holzer



silent mosquito

alighting on my forearm

its gift left behind

~Brian Barnett



gnats swarm loud sunlight

~Mariel Herbert



one size

fits all--

I.C.U. bed

~Ruth Holzer



Relay of Love: for Helena Qi Hong

Living on the opposite sides of

The world, we take turns to go

To bed, each waking up

To become part of the other

In the same dream, even

About the same moment

Day & night

Though, alas, on different beds

In different time zones

~Changming Yuan



helping Bob 

the demogorgon with

summoning Pazuzu

the final project,

but first: cupcakes

~Richard Magahiz



childhood travels

paddling the wheel of

a sewing machine

~Daipayan Nair



pastorale

high precision missiles

miss the bull

~Keith Evetts



bull

I imagine him

not charging

~Roberta Beach Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment