Afternoon of September 29, 2022

double espresso

we trade our faith

for turtlenecks

~Kelly Moyer



My muse

is gone, she left a note

that she went shopping

with the girls.

I hope I didn’t send her

on another bender.

My writing might be much worse

than I think.

~Nolcha Fox



Fourth of July

On this, most patriotic night,

my head is clear,

my vision full

of Roman candles

and crackling rain.

I play Hendrix.

I breathe smoke and gunpowder.

We turn the moon the color of flames.

~Lauren Scharhag



not the clouds

time passing -

the moon

~Chittaluri Satyanarayana



       don’t talk about

until starts to show

       colonists

~Jerome Berglund



Arsenic

For a price,

chef’s secret ingredient

will do away

with anybody.

So scrub the kitchen floor

all you want,

a murder scene

never dies.

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



I found a spaceship

in the toilet,

floating with a deck

of cards.

I laid them all out

on the couch

then dried them with

this poem.

~Nolcha Fox



kismet a galaxy of fruit flies

~Kelly Moyer



trying not to

step on toes

clown shoes

~Thomas Tilton



we're all waiting

wondering when Mother Earth

spanks us

~Stephen Jarrell Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment