Evening of May 6, 2023


Shy Man Blues


I’m not sure wot to say or even if I should

If I could open up it’d feel good

Can’t express myself without half a dozen beers

I got the shy man blues when I ain’t got no booze

My emotions and thoughts are bound up inside

If I could say wot I want, I’d have a smoother ride

I plays the strong silent type / But it’s a disguise

a week of waiting for Friday nite’s a very bad exercise.

Shy man blues / Shy man blues

There’s no excuse for the shy man blues.

~David Boyle



Fangs devour my day

in their hunger.

Leaving only the pain of dreams.

~Christine Emmert



Flower Moon

bloom beams whitewash

the bedroom

~JL Huffman



irony —

global warming seminar

inside an ac hall

~Debarati Sen



final exam

a student's shirt

stained with espresso

~John J. Dunphy



pink flamingos

the wedding photoshopped pic

with bridesmaids

~Mirela Brailean



dusk

her kohl completes

an arc

~Daipayan Nair



sea breeze

I am never

alone

~Daipayan Nair



Gurneys Norman's

Jack and the Monster is coming

scrapbooking precious lives

from the local press

carefully selected.

~Daniel de Culla



Empty Streetlights


Rub off the stain of people please.

Hustling, Bustling, Rustling like paper leaves.

Unlike the birds

Whose habitat was inhabited

By you, and by me.


Let the trees talk to vacant streets.

Let the streets speak to empty lights.

Leave the gossips to the sky ones, o thee

Click that candid photo

and vanish into your candied beehive.

~Ms. Nobody



The rash spreads

over my heart,

denying remedy.

~Christine Emmert



Lost serenities

in the buzz of time.

~Christine Emmert



draped

in a dusky red saree

the mirror

~Daipayan Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment