Morning of April 3, 2023


Century 31  vacant dead-eyed clockworks  

~Richard Magahiz



monochrome sky —

she skips

my question

~Daipayan Nair



birds nesting in palms

while below we’re without wings

wrapped like babes in arms

~James Penha



the table

the night i died

i fell

asleep

with my glasses on

~Kelly Moyer



She hoped a long hot shower

could wash away anxiety

of simply living

~Steve Van Allen



triangles for lunch

spheres for dinner

mmm, breakfast

~Richard Magahiz



Chewing on the sweet

Ends of field grass as the

Tassels tickle

~Jennifer Gurney



the old music box

plays Haunted Slumber

as the tiny dancer spins

ship manifest

my grandmother a toddler

~Linda L. Ludwig / Kathleen Trocmet



Supergloom

~Mariel Herbert



curtsies to Dalmatia,  Queen of Spots

~Richard Magahiz



Pigeonholed

You tell me you’re ahead,

but I believe you to be

more of a foot. Perhaps

it has something to do

with the way you knot

your tie at the ankle

or the bulge of buttons

at the knobs of your knees.

~Kelly Moyer



childless but the cat

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



sending five to ten at once bumblebees

~Mariel Herbert



Killer Sheep
 

I am not in the yakuza,” I explain

to the owner of the ramen shop.

But, you are wearing sunglasses,”

the man replies with a tremble

to his voice. I remove my shades

and order a bowl of soup,

which I slurp while crocheting

a few simple granny squares

for the body bag we’re crafting

at the neighborhood Baptist church.

~Kelly Moyer



egoless at last the moon's face dims

~Richard Magahiz


No comments:

Post a Comment