Morning of October 4, 2022

daddy long legs

a committee

of movement

~Mark Gilbert



old house –

a pair of crows

on the swing

~Daipayan Nair



monster under the bed her favorite toy


~Eavonka Ettinger



emperor moth I dream with four eyes

~Minal Sarosh



bite of the flea October

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



Transylvania

an exorcist shining

his cross

~Anna Cates



Frankenstein

knew how to

revive the party

~Eavonka Ettinger



I keep lying: yes, I think I can live


yes, I am inspired by heartwarming stories

of people I have never met

and hopefully never will

who have survived

terminal illnesses

that are not mine


yes, I hate death


no, I am not here


no, I am not writing this down

~Miriam Sagan



dashed hopes the end of her ellipses

~Kelly Moyer




beach flea

burrows in the sand

threat of war

~petro c.k.



ticks for lunch

fleas for dessert

possum

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



                                                              
                                                  ~Keith Evetts



Curse

Our family graves are filled

with aunts, uncles, cousins

all struck down young by heart attacks,

that genetic earthquake lurking

in our DNA, waiting to implode.

As candles dim, I tell my husband,

when I go, cram the porch with chili peppers

for how I used to be.

~Pris Campbell



blinding me

the golden tooth

of my neighbor

~Minal Sarosh



bird solo cut short

the tape player

ate my cassette

~petro c.k.

 

 

struck a star

like a piƱata

sunburst

~Eavonka Ettinger


 

No comments:

Post a Comment