Afternoon of January 11, 2023


imaginary friend we visit the invisible zoo

~Sherry Grant



a hundred billion galaxies   this is going on your permanent record

~Patrick Sweeney



her destiny

the length

of her new year’s noodles

~Wai Mei Wong



just looking

at his pink eye

mine itches

~
Randy Brooks



abandoned house

a shadow leans

on the piano

~Arvinder Kaur



I love opera

Even the high screechy parts

Those especially

~Jennifer Gurney



When the marching bands halted

And the speeches began

We found out who was in danger.

~Doug Forrest



voices in my head fighting off ads

~Sherry Grant



the only place you walked

you wanted me to be

the monster,

don't pretend to be afraid

of the darkness;

it's the only place you've ever

walked.

~linda m. crate



ticking clock

images framed in the window

run backwards

~Kavita Ratna



God Shrugs


They think I know what they don’t know

But I only know what they think

I shrug the rest off

~Pam Makin



No-name papers

Why even bother to do

The work and turn it in

~Jennifer Gurney



waiting for word

on poems I sent:

awaiting return of summer

too

~Wayne F. Burke


 

Blank Page Syndrome

words undulating

hazed as gnawing worms

on a writhing page

~Steven M. Gerson



subtext—

what matters the most

in a conversation

~Mona Bedi



lit fest

gossip of a plagiarist

getting the award

~Daipayan Nair



Che Guevara

too big

for my bookshelf

~Daipayan Nair



octopus curls

how do you do that

with your hair

~Mark Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment