Evening of December 24, 2022


Nervous Days


Nervous days

lead to a breakdown,

such are the results,

a day or days I do not

long for. This is a

path filled with dread.

I count to ten forward

and backward. I say to her,

my muse, why do roses die?

~Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozabal



in tropical realms

where scorpions love sneakers

shake well before use

~James Penha



Walking Along in Silence

Walking alone in silence.

It was the perfect day.

My foot arches felt no pain.

The sun shone brightly in the sky.

Birds provided the music.

I had no need to use my voice.

~Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozabal



In the scent of ordure birthing,

refugees in pregnant pause,

am I ready for the holy,

recognised, unlikely shift,

or is faith, unstable, moving,

powerless baby, needing love?

Hosts, it seems, are all around us,

but we wait for glory’s shine;

realise the kingdom waiting

for those sitting in the dark.


~Stephen Kingsnorth



fashion parade

all my childhood

insecurities

~Mona Bedi



for years

playing hide and seek

me with myself

~Ram Chandran



the Lord exists

as disembodied

whatever to my

whateverness

~Wayne Burke



candle

                  d

                      r

                          i

                             p  

                                s

 a  lavender

scented pool

~Linda Ludwig


No comments:

Post a Comment