Afternoon of October 5, 2026

 





Hal’s still haunting voice misalignment

~Bruce H. Feingold
 
 
 
combing 
for clues…
head lice 

~Lisa C Reynolds
 


what's 
it going to take 
to get justice around here

~Jennifer Gurney
 
 
 

blind trust

the social truth

of fertilizer

~Robert Witmer 


 

 

back to the future

pickles

in a coal cellar

~Robert Witmer

 


 

'At the end of the day'
the mother 
of six

~Patrick Sweeney



Unless you know the number of chickens on the sovereign island of Malta; there's no winning this game

~Patrick Sweeney



Department of Education Address, 2026


 

They call our green city impoverished,

implying my area’s colleges have sunk

into a resource void, into that black hole

 

of education (now the shame of a whole

nation—which itself is an impoverished

red mark), and I wonder why our city’s sunk.

 

But even great Atlantis had never sunk

on its own. Climate wrath? A hidden loophole

in our tax codes? Or are we en-poverished?

 

His impoverished report: we sunk them shitholes.

 

~Colleen M. Farrelly 




alien(ated)

another planet

rejects me

 

        ~Colleen M. Farrelly

 

 

 

Turing test

the machine deems me

a cyborg

~Colleen M. Farrelly
 
 

toy soldiers
               the camouflage green            
of real war

~Gavin Austin
 

 
mining town
the things that don’t stay                                
buried

~Gavin Austin
 


tending the bonsai his smaller world

~Gavin Austin
 
 
 
regret the hug of quicksand

~Gavin Austin


 
Rejection does not end even after

~Jacob Gur
 
 


On a quest to seek Super Intelligence,

Failing to convince my browser 

- I am human.

~David Rudd-Mitchell

 
 
 
A defeat      


Before sending my own poem, I declare -'I am not a robot!'.  

~Partha Sarkar



winter window
an appleblossom amaryllis
pollinates my beard 

~Joshua St. Claire
 
 
 
Imagine Kerouac identifying with Montgomery Clift...
ignoring my illiteracy, I pretend to read books and watch parts of movies—I can't stop pretending now

~Patrick Sweeney 
 
 


Five Fleas Swag

https://www.zazzle.com/store/five_fleas

No comments:

Post a Comment