Evening of October 6, 2023

  

 

 if ever I sit

beside calm waters

surely

this flying beetle

will smack my face

~Sharon Ferrante



Growing Pains


I laid down in the grass today,

but it wasn't the same

as it used to be

when I was a kid.


I couldn't sense the Earth

spinning beneath me

or imagine anything magical

beyond the flat sky.


It just felt like I was waiting

for the worms to take me.

~Gabriel Bates



Minutes


evil thoughts

tall shadow on a

detached garage

 

Mildly schnockered ranting with adorable senior neighbors never in my lifetime would I ever

have thought I’d hear these old conservative white people decrying: “My God, they

shouldn’t do that!”

 

Indeed!

That’s all we

were ever saying!

~Jerome Berglund



eight years old

investing all my money

in sea-monkeys

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



Brook Lint

 

six degrees of pancetta :: ombudsperson

 

Long Island entire and enough

 

by Asclepius I swear – bread and multiplication tables

 

beyond rye the fool’s journey

 

candlelight vigil :: ownership of thunder

~Jerome Berglund



in the beginning

I’m the breath

of a dinosaur

~Sharon Ferrante



Insurgents

prehistoric shield bugs

slip through the chinks

~JL Huffman



Apostate

 

Learn today that most tire places are closed on Sundays this I must question as people get

flats on that day as often as any we’d rather be praying and resting too assure you but

vehicles must be made drivable.

 

the manager smashes

one dish after another –

everyone cheers!

~Jerome Berglund



poets say

they can read minds

I wonder

could I put words

to your screams

~Sharon Ferrante



Fruit Pies

 

mostly garbage dog food begat begat begat

 

Owatonna best budget inn

 

moon past a chimney forced perspective

 

the prologues to epaulettes

 

writing with motion a migrant

~Jerome Berglund



your thoughts and my thoughts

appear simultaneously

moonlight

~Nani Mariani



lobotomy

 

morning sunlight’s golden honey drizzled decadently, so abundant even Venetian blinds’

shadows can look promising in such a light graham crackers and candy corn sandbars with

exposed shoulders girl with lilies by Rivera every speck of dust and scratch on the table

glass comes into startling clarity

 

pine cones decompose

the crack has gotten

wide and green

~Jerome Berglund

No comments:

Post a Comment