Afternoon of June 23, 2023

summer night

the motel ice machine

hums to itself

~John Pappas



first light hunched over the dream dictionary

~John Pappas



one dead leaf

completely crushed

into the sidewalk

~Kathy Watts



cobbler

his entire day spent repairing

a clown's shoe

~John J. Dunphy



My childhood

is now

an empty room.

~Theo Itchon



I'm sorry I left you behind.

And I'm sorry I'd do it again.

~Theo Itchon



it wasn't staring,

they took barely a peek,

half-hippos and half-hyenas

side-eyed us

~Rich Magahiz



piercing family tree mushrooms

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



counting my nevers in a tin box

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



The screen flickers.

I keep forgetting

that I'm a superspy.

~Noah Berlatsky



If Hemingway wrote


a manual for my slow cooker,

it would read,

order in tonight.

~Nolcha Fox



new moon

sweeping generalizations

out the door

~petro c.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment