Afternoon of February 21, 2023

 


my toe is still blushing from meeting your foot at the boardwalk

~Nolcha Fox



Song


I'm exile

I'm smoke

I'm long dead in the trenches

I am home

nowhere

alive in the fire

erasing words

with the bone of a crow's wing

I'm alone with a voice


of the blank page

~Alexander Etheridge



Last Change of Address

The earth knows we’ll return‒‒

our few feeble movements 

down under the flowers,

and our names repeated like a song’s chorus 

so the ones left won’t forget 

through all the winters.


Look, moon, sun, and moon and sun again,

the mist coming down 

to the cold lake and the churchyard‒‒

It’ll all be forgotten.

~Alexander Etheridge



Past Life

It’s strange how time falls into itself.

One second I’m here, the next

I’m back in middle school---

the hour is bright, my friends there

are so young.

That long dead day is risen

and my life is gone into 

its white-gold October 

moment, my only

life.

~Alexander Etheridge



She opened her mouth


and swallowed a bird.

She spit out feathers

instead of words.

~Nolcha Fox



my dad

still never says much

ouija board

~petro c.k.



the chug-chug-chug of a party bus

~petro c.k.



no fewer people

could see me

than already did

~Noah Berlatsky


 

Ocean Daybreak Sketch

Fogshifts

and a respiration of inland trees


Unanchored graves


Foot-tracks of light

opening

along the lengths of the tide

~Alexander Etheridge




Retreat


Laundry

Expands to fill

All space. All time. The house

Is worn by clothes and we flap loose

Worn down.

~Noah Berlatsky


No comments:

Post a Comment