Afternoon of September 18, 2026

   

war criminal first person plural

~Kelly Sauvage Moyer



 

My heart 

is an open-faced sandwich, 

prepared with blackened avocado,

a half-grind salt

and the glistening shards 

of a dead woman’s dream.


~Kelly Sauvage Moyer



 

eating my heart out   spirochetes 

~Kelly Sauvage Moyer

 

 

 

my AI buddy

does the heavy sifting

tells me what to believe


~Mark Gilbert


 

 

in my gorilla suit

I can’t solve the world’s problems


~Mark Gilbert


 

 

a plastic bag of doggy poo

words I would have wanted

never to have written


~Mark Gilbert




orangeness

be gone

with

ye

~Roberta Beach Jacobson




I caw at the crow

perched alone

atop the dead tree…

it plays deaf

and mute.


~Diane Webster

 



For a writer

a sentence handed down

would be a good thing.

~Jon Spencer




staring sidelong

at his reflection

in the laptop’s

dark theme,

 

the hunched scholar

lifts up the chair

gripping fistfully

its grilled rungs

~Marcus Ten Low




T'ai Chi —

balancing what refuses 

to settle 

~Debarati Sen




midnight stroll

ghosts of the past

walking in my footsteps


~Debarati Sen




Poetry


I have written her name

in countless ways mannered and colloquial

thru moonrise and sunset calm and storm.

Her name is poetry. She lives beyond the norm.


She walks in sunlights madness.

Bestows her kisses oh, so sparingly.

The fleeting glimpses of her beauty nothing to compare. 

I'm left in the wreckage. Left in the burning air.

~dan smith




spirit birds and me kindred 

~Rupa Anand




MIRROR


There was a smudge on the mirror.

I wiped it with my sleeve.


With the smudge gone,

my wrinkles showed more clearly.


I looked for a moment,


~Young-jin Lee




THE SEAT


A seat opened up on the bus.


Two people spoke at once.


“Go ahead.”

“No, you go ahead.”


While they offered it to each other again,

a student who had just boarded

walked between them and sat down.


~Young-jin Lee




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




beneath the moon

a small flower opens

no one sees

~image and text Manasa Reddy

No comments:

Post a Comment