Afternoon of September 16, 2026

 

A CERTAIN LOGIC


1. Nothing is certain.

2. Except paradox.

∴ Accept paradox.

~Scott Parker




driftwood

becoming a part

of the mystery

~Joanna Ashwell




seize the day

a flea in the bed

of each lodger

~Joanna Ashwell




Please Like This Post

 

The goal of social media

is to make friends and then

slowly

over time

turn them into enemies.

 

When everyone hates you

you win

and get to die.

~Noah Berlatsky




She used words I hadn't seen or heard 

since taking the Scholastic Aptitude Test

~Patrick Sweeney




Instead of offering me another beer, 

the pain-in-ass history buff is pontificating about the short lifespan of democracies 

~Patrick Sweeney




I'm the old man who can't stop coughing on the Amtrak to Pittsburgh

~Patrick Sweeney




I'm old enough to remember being warned about quicksand

and the third rail of fascism

~Patrick Sweeney




Former deep thinkers on trains are texting,

and compulsively checking their messages....

~Patrick Sweeney




unexpected obit 

pulling the trigger 

too soon 

~Stephanie Zepherelli 




On Listening to Son House Sing Death Letter Blues


my sadness pales even knowing

that it won't seem

like even a hundred 

on the burial grounds  

and I probably won't 

even be notified 

knowing that it's 

really me I mourn for

the stark lyric beauty

hits me and I almost cry

~dan smith




hey, bully

together we’ll out-bully

you

~Roberta Beach Jacobson




this too shall pass —

a refugee's last words

before deportation 

~Debarati Sen




parents' gravestone photos

each looks away from the other

forever


~Maya Daneva



 

Saint Alan


Prayers

answered.

Universe

polices

Itself

every

century

or so.

~Chad Parenteau




fallen between the fallen makeshift crosses

~Maya Daneva




emotions spark thunderstorms zigs and zags distant but close 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello



 

bowing before binary gods our nemesis

~Stephanie Zepherelli 



 

coffee and rent reality screaming 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello



 

the fianchettoed chess player

~Ron Scully




Opalescent strange rain outside the lines

~Sarah Mahina Calvello



The precious remark of absurdity develops wings the wind stops blowing, a thought is 

torn to shreds 

~John Vlachos

 

No comments:

Post a Comment