Morning of August 25, 2026

 

The Last Poet at Walmart


I found God in aisle nine

comparing prices on canned beans.

He looked older than scripture.

I asked if everything was okay.

He shrugged.

Inflation, apparently,

has reached Heaven.

~Joshua Walker


 

 

Extinction Event

 

The dinosaurs had an asteroid.

Rome had barbarians.

Atlantis had the sea.

We have passwords

requiring one capital letter,

one number,

and one symbol

we will never remember.

~Joshua Walker




THOUGHTS

 

Mostly

1 ignore them

but sometimes

they get me

thinking.


~John Grey  

 



A MAN IN MY SITUATION

 

I

thought

of

everything

 

and

that's

not

all

~John Grey  




What Name

will she whisper

with her last breath

odds are it 

won't be 

yours

~dan smith




A  Neo-dada Love Poem Manifesto


listen to the Druids

not the drudges

watch the sunrise 

at Stonehenge

see it set 

on psycho empire

then throw paint 

at the moon

~dan smith




scattering

support for a brave people

sunflower seeds

~Sherri J Moye-Dombrosky




fire ants

outraged

at the footprint

~Sherri J Moye-Dombrosky




From shadow to shadow   


From shadow to shadow, a fairytale is a UFO.

~Partha Sarkar




another day eclipsed spiraling into the 

unknown 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello



 

mad hatter midsummer frightened bird of hope 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello




elevator—

thirteenth floor

no breath

~Subhash Roy Choudhury




I would like to go outside

but I am writing this poem.

~Noah Berlatsky



 

Pure Screech


On television

he screams

I’m going

to murder

the precedent!

over and over.

~Chad Parenteau



 

The Apocalypse Was Delayed


Four horsemen

stood outside my window.

Death checked his phone.


Apparently

the end of the world

has been rescheduled

due to staffing shortages.

~Joshua Walker


 

 

Prayer


Dear God,

I know you’re busy

with wars, famine,

and the universe,


but the dog

has something in his mouth

and won’t tell me what.

Amen

~Joshua Walker

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment