Afternoon of August 11, 2026

 

Wind Chimes

~Michael Lee Johnson 




The wind chimes,

silver-tongued

on the balcony today,

different sounds—

cool, metallic laughter—

in all different directions.

My thoughts chase

after them

~Michael Lee Johnson




graveside service

blowing across the cemetery

a dropped tissue

~John J. Dunphy




swallowing fear a biscuit afraid for the throat

~Peter Jastermsky



 

this could be anything what she meant by unfocused

~Peter Jastermsky




Cat Story Problem


Shave the cat.

From the fur make another cat.

The cat eats the fur.

The cat coughs it up.

The cat eats the hairball.

How many cats do you have?

One cat around all the cats.

You have to shave it to find out.

~Noah Berlatsky




X-Files

the need to believe

in humanity

~Joanna Ashwell




three wishes

from the Genie

rain becoming prayer

~Joanna Ashwell

 



forgetting my own name

no box check

for an eclipse

~Joanna Ashwell




I couldn't stop being me, so I left the room, the town, and the country

~Patrick Sweeney




we're the family that talks all at once

about six different things

in three languages

~Patrick Sweeney




high above my supervisor's imperatives, 

I'm racing a gray squirrel across the power line

~Patrick Sweeney




my dentist Theseus

got lost in the labyrinth

of my mouth, with

out a thread of dental floss

to guide him home

~Oliver Kleyer




made up 

of the star-stuff 

cosmos within me 

~Tejendra Sherchan




Bridging the gap

 

feeling the winds sway

as I hold on by a thread

there is no reprieve -

how long can I bridge the gap 

before it all falls apart

~Joanne Macias  




funeral rites

we wonder why the fisherman

never throws them back

~John Hawkhead



 

squirming maggots

the dictator’s soul goes

its separate ways

 

~John Hawkhead




release of UFO files

drone light shows

before they existed


~
Douglas J. Lanzo




calm down a little we’re all in a rush pouring more coffee


~Sarah Mahina Calvello  




rose-colored reality in the rose garden 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello 




clock ticking shape of kimono tea under the moon 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello 




ice-cream vendor

his name

a tax haven


marchand de glaces

son nom

un paradis fiscal

~Marie Derley



 

before it falls—

a beaver hears

the tree

~Kimberly Kuchar




I got nothin…

a mason jar empty 

of fireflies 

~Sharon Ferrante




Revolution


Is a revolution in the end a good mother? 

~Partha Sarkar




banyan roots —

a tale that started

eons ago

~Mona Bedi




sea washed rocks what life makes of us


~Mona Bedi




window seat I enter the clouds 


~Mona Bedi



 

old age the length of an empty day

~Mona Bedi  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment