Afternoon of September 7, 2024

Critique


I don’t think you should end a poem with

My life has changed.”

~Noah Berlatsky




You don’t think about what you say.

I don’t say what I think.

The perfect marriage.

~Nolcha Fox




purple flowers

all over a pine forest

oblivious wife

~Tejendra Sherchan




the dead are still here

plants overwatered, underwatered, forgotten

~Steve Van Allen




Give light, Sun



What to do? How to walk steadily?

Do not know the blunt skeletons

And very often get morbid.

I come across them and get sad

But I do not put forward my hand

Rather ask the Sun to come out of the clouds

And give them light so that

They can stand erect and walk.

~Partha Sarkar





The great struggle of writing

is to see the truth

in your bank account.

~Noah Berlatsky




The Net Equivalent


of standing

in the kitchen

wondering why

u walked

in there

is going to Google

but forgetting

what you were

planning to search for

~Keith Snow




falling in love with the transplant surgeon

she whispers, "take my hand"

~Morgan Ellington




night duty

the hushed whisper

from behind

~Bidyut Prabha Gantayat




stuck in traffic

a billboard promises

relief

~Nalini Shetty




autocorrect

my opinion reshaped

without consent

~Nalini Shetty




two-factor authentication

proving

I still exist

~Nalini Shetty




dystopian dreams—

the future

they warned us about

~Nalini Shetty




mono no aware


new moon

or noon awe

no more now

~Scott F. Parker




university


yes

uni

verse

i yes

visit

yes

~Scott F. Parker




unsolicited advice to self


pay attention

to what you're paying attention

to

~Scott F. Parker

 

Buy our merch:

https://www.zazzle.com/store/five_fleas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment