Morning of November 29, 2023

 

  

Icarus


You little punk ass

Walking off a cliff in full formal wear

Acting like nothing would change

When you splattered against the rocks

I got news for you pal

                                             my world ended

that day

You pulled an Icarus

and flew 

Away from me

~Anthy Strom

 

Hawaiian Summer


I can't help it if

I'm too sexy for my shirt.

Some people are too

polite to comment on it.

Others laugh. See if I care.

~Dominic Rivron



helium


fill me with helium

tie me down

take me for a ride

round dublin town



there, i'll tell you

in a squeaky voice

interesting things

about james joyce

~Dominic Rivron



video bubble; aliens

come for 50s sitcoms

stay for rock and roll

~David C. Kopaska-Merkel



Old Brew Poetry


Bubbling hops

Simmering in the stew

Pipes and plastic hoses pippippiping


Frankenstein's little boy

Concocted by humanity's impulse

To get rip-roaring plastered on a Saturday night

~Anthy Strom



nothing to do—

I let Leonard Cohen

tie me up

~Sharon Ferrante



descending

to bargain basement . . .

building code

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



The Qwerty Keyboard Warrior


Quite Why Effete Readers

Test Your Unusually

Inopportune Observations

Poses A Serious Doubt.

Furthermore, Giants

Have Just Killed Lovely Zoe.

Xenophon Could Verbally Berate New Mexico.

~Tony Dawson



persistence

inside the watch

a Dali sentience

~dan smith



conquering over

ocean earth and sky

we are living dinosaurs

~Joan McNerney



getting a few bugs

out of our poetry

ants

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



served

on clumps of rotting seaweed

century egg

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



when will we see

there is no light

without darkness?

we all lose in the end

~Joan McNerney



Telephone-pole beetles speed dating between oak trees

~Elliot Diamond



chemo port wine

~Roberta Beach Jacobson



whispers and shadows know whether I'm awake

~David C. Kopaska-Merkel



the nowhere train has no engine and no caboose


choo

choo

voila!

~dan smith

No comments:

Post a Comment