Afternoon of September 3, 2023


snow says goodbye to me

I am silent

I melt with

the snow

~Mykyta Ryzhykh

(Originally published in THE BIG WINDOWS REVIEW)




each time I strike a

match to light a candle

I remember

~Jennifer Gurney




Learned Advice


                         EXplore

               only the  PERImeter,

 and miss the inner    essENCE

               of it all.

~Suzanne S. Austin-Hill




No fleas in the morning

dormant ‘til sunny afternoon — guess they slept in today

~Julie A. Dickson




Morning or night, cat sits vigil on my window sill

~Julie A. Dickson




If I had a time machine

I would stop you

from putting diesel in the gas tank.

~Noah Berlatsky




"a final word of advice"

he tells me

for the fourth time

~John J. Dunphy




the Barbie movie —

such deep meaning

from molded plastic

~Jennifer Gurney




neighborhood crying

hand of anger

anger of the heart

weeping cities

^^ ^^ ^^

and these are birds

look over the heads of the war birds fly

~Mykyta Ryzhykh

(Originally published in Lothlorien Poetry Journal)




aluminum birds

even they come back

from warm countries home

~Mykyta Ryzhykh

(Originally published in divot)




This poem smells blue

| | |

The color of wrinkles in the sky

Black shapes in clear water

∆

This verse will be picked up by crows in the morning

And they will be thrown from heaven

On icy concrete heart rocks

~

All in vain

.

~Mykyta Ryzhykh

(Originally published in Stone Poetry Journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment