Afternoon of September 22, 2023


 Baby Dalí


I do not have a hut

at the edge of the sea

nor a family

nor their ire;

but, I have the freedom

to dream the dreams

of a madman

in shabby thrifted attire.

~Kelly Moyer



on receiving a job promotion

boss asks, “do you own 

anything other than jeans?”

I laugh, then say “no”

~Tohm Bakelas



gloomy day

I sip my wine

your empty chair

~Françoise Maurice



a dried rose

inside Great Expectations

library dusk

~Debarati Sen



Paris.

What else can I add

to you?

Paris, just

Paris . . .

fuming on,

late summer leaves sagging with

exhaust.

~Yearner


 

Our Best of the Net 2024 Nominations


Keith Snow, Kelly Moyer, Lauren Scharhag,

Nolcha Fox, Patrick Sweeney, petro c.k.


~Five Fleas Itchy Poetry 



Celtic fire, ancestors' blessing.

~Carolyn Crossley



black walnuts crafting weaponry from sparrowsong

~Kelly Moyer


Dead Horse Jesus (Haiku)


Dead Horse Jesus could

rise again, but he knows the

beatings wouldn’t stop.

~Chad Parenteau

 

 

inflation rate

the stars whisper

in the autumn sky

~Françoise Maurice



I Imagine


a star dying

a check clearing

love off somewhere

of course enduring

~Yearner



The Lament


Your eyes are open;

yet, you can’t seem to see

the treetop babies


or the way the sun

glistens on the surface

of time.


But, I’ll be the last

so bold as to remind you

that a pear costs a dollar

less than a dime.

~Kelly Moyer



The Veil


the wheel of

the year turns

forever eternal

spirits pass through

the thinning veil.

~Carolyn Crossley



One


nearly frozen

heavy raindrop slips

through a hole in the gutter

and hits me on the shoulder

sending a deep chill

through bone and organ

is it any wonder

I think of you?

~Yearner



tiger lilies —

I dared him

to love me

~Debarati Sen



the reality of the situation


big job promotion—

now I write haikus

on a higher salary

~Tohm Bakelas



Postcard from Saint-Rémy-de-Provence


baguette-shaped clouds

above the brûléed plain

dusted just now in lavender

light

~Yearner



 

No comments:

Post a Comment