Afternoon of August 9, 2023

 

at the mercy

of capricious gods:

a ship of fools

~Jerome Berglund



pie-eyed Dorothy Parker drags her broken-legged zebras on a rainy leash

~Patrick Sweeney



Fleas and Lice

with a nod to Robert Frost



Some say the world will succumb to fleas.

Some say lice.

From what I know of desire and "itchies",

I hold with those who favor fleas!

But if I had to think and scratch twice,

I think I know enough of infestations

to say that lice also work nice...

and will suffice

...especially on old farm cats.

~Thomas A. Thrun



Brief Bio - COVID


Hard-wired to 

   know no boundaries,

   have no filter,

   honor no relationship,

   keep no curfews, and have no friends.

Thus, enviable.   In the Land of Virion, 

   the green-eyed monster is alive and well.

~Suzanne S. Austin-Hill



another wedding invitation

seven year itch

~Wanda Amos



as I turn my thoughts to faraway things, she wants me to do something about the wasps

~Patrick Sweeney



still some way off the mountain improvising buddha jazz

~Herb Tate



she thinks Othello overreacted

~Patrick Sweeney



eyes wide open   the bedwetter's first sleep-over

~Patrick Sweeney



listening to mother’s knitting unravelling grandmother’s pearls

~Herb Tate



stealing

through a crack in the door

another moment

stolen

~Herb Tate



obsolete part


good for nothing

in latest model

~Jerome Berglund



blue morning

I steal a ring

from Saturn

~Sharon Ferrante



El Diablo

last orders

barflies sticky drinking

mixing feet

~Herb Tate



his last request—

dusting the dust off

Ashes to Ashes

~Herb Tate



mild enough

to catch hell

tax brackets

~Jerome Berglund




mistle thrush

seeds in the air

of Christmas kisses

~Herb Tate



Christmas carolers outside my door

I give them a $20 bill

to stop singing

~John J. Dunphy



city—

never a lonely

pigeon

~Sharon Ferrante



highlight of my formal education

playing Wipe Out

on my desk

~Patrick Sweeney 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment