Evening of August 23, 2026

   

There’s Nothing I Don’t Know



Because


I can’t know

What I don’t

Till I already do

~J Maurer




fresh new morning orange blossoms can’t disguise the truth 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello




everyone has dirty laundry the broken streetlight flickers 

~Sarah Mahina Calvello




we the people cyclospora

~Roberta Beach Jacobson





misbehaving stray 

loiterers at my teashop

perhaps the reincarnation 

of my late daughter 

~Tejendra Sherchan 




Some News Is No News



Chinese robot beats

Usain Bolt’s world sprint record…

so does my old car

~James Penha




Before I go out,

check the news.

Active shooter

at the mall?


~Jeffrey L. Taylor

 

 

 



righteous war

giving Christian names

to rape and murder


~John Hawkhead

 


 

no resolutions

starting the new year

with the same war

~John Hawkhead




Without a Thought

 

The thinker and the thoughts they think

both inhabit the same platonic form

 

In fact, the thinker is one of the thoughts they think

Same as the sculptor is the sculpture they sculpt

Same as the fish is the water it swims in

Same as the bird is the air it flies through

 

~J Maurer

No comments:

Post a Comment